During Your Stay
Please follow these guidelines on the day of your surgery
- If you need to cancel your surgery for any reason, please call the center and your surgeon as soon as possible at (864) 585-2002.
- Take all medications on the morning of surgery that your preoperative nurse instructed you to take with a sip of water.
- Bathe or shower the evening prior to, or morning of, your surgery to minimize the risk of infection.
- Please do not use any make-up, perfumes, hairspray or deodorant. Remove all nail polish.
- You may brush your teeth and gargle, but do not swallow any water.
- Wear loose fitting comfortable clothing.
- Please leave jewelry and all other valuables at home. The surgery center cannot be responsible for lost items.
- If you have an inhaler prescribed, please bring the inhaler to the center with you on the day of surgery.
- Please refrain from smoking the day of surgery.
- Please bring any support equipment you usually use at home such as walkers and crutches.
- You will receive a phone call 1 business day before your procedure providing you with an arrival time.
- Please arrive at the center at your specified arrival time. Any delays might cause your procedure to rescheduled. If you are running late, please contact us immediately at (864) 585-2002.
- You will have an opportunity to speak with your surgeon and anesthetist prior to surgery. Please be prepared to ask any questions you may have.